My youngest is still home with me and gets to do all the fun stuff according to my oldest. He always asks why I didn't take him with.
I feel bad so I have made it a point to set aside either Saturday or Sunday and have mommy dates with him :)
We both brained stormed and came up with a few ideas
1. Movie night - We have so many movies at my house that there is an endless amount of movies we could watch! Recently he started watching Little House on the Prairie with me! All I do is go to the store grab 2 or 3 dollars worth of candy or popcorn and ta-da we have movie night :)
2. Nature Hike - My little guy loves getting out into nature and finding new things. I live in the country so we have no shortage in places we can explore.
3. Day at the park - I live in a great area and our favorite park not only has a play ground, but also a duck pond! We take our stale bread and have a blast feeding the ducks
4. Ice cream - Okay half the fun of an ice cream date is going to the store together and picking everything out! We always get neapolitan ice cream that way we both get our favorite. Then we hit up the baking isle for sprinkles, syrups and everything in-between!
5. Gardening - So I garden and my little guy just kinda digs random holes lol. To be fair he does like to plant the seeds. I can't wait for our corn to start growing so he can see what we planted.
6. Picnic - This is one of my favorites! Nothing like packing up a lunch and eating outside. We normally take his favorite book and I read to him after we eat
7. Baseball - No we can't have a whole game with just the 2 of us, but my little guy and I enjoy playing catch.
8. Star Gazing - Now that its getting warm outside I take a huge blanket outside and we can look up at the stars. We do have a telescope, but for the life of me I can't use it. We play a game where we try to make shapes with the stars. I have to laugh at some of the constellations my little guy makes up. This is just as fun during the day, expect its clouds instead of stars.
Next time we do this I"m going to surprise him with smores :)
9. Scrapbook - We get old photos and put them into our scrapbook. Not only is it fun to make a new page, but its also fun to look at past pages.
10. Day Trip - Most of our dates have been "cheap" ones, but every once in awhile its nice to splurge and go some where away from home. At the end of the month we plan to go to the zoo and we are also planning a trip to Gettysburg.
The most important thing about these mommy dates is spending time with my little guy! It doesn't have to cost a lot of money and we don't even have to go far from the house for most of them. Its something both me and my little guy look forward too each week.