Disclaimer: I was given products in this post for the purpose of review. I was not paid in anyway to write this review. All opinions are my own.
Best Cleaning Trick Ever
The best cleaning tip I ever got was from my hubby. Yes you read that right, my favorite cleaning tip is from a man :)
It all started about 6 years ago when I decided to make my own holiday candy. It was great! Dipping pretzels in the chocolate, peanut rolls, Santa Shaped lollipops, cake truffle pops and so much more. All was great.... And then came the cleaning, so yeah for anyone who ever melted chocolate in a pan knows that it is so HARD to get back out. I scrubed, scratched and debated just throwing it away.
My hubby said well put it back on the oven. I gave him a dirty look and said "This mess started on the oven." He laughed, took the pan reheated the chocolate and then easily wiped the liquid back out....
I sat there with a duh why didn't I think of that look on my face.
So my best cleaning trick is HEAT! You would be surprised what a little heat can do to get rid of a mess.
My new favorite kitchen gadget just happens to be my Shark Steam & Spray Pro!
Shark, a pioneer in steam cleaning technology, makes complete floor cleaning more convenient than ever with the new Shark Steam & Spray™ Pro.
With two convertible heads for three ways to clean, the Steam & Spray Pro is perfect for consumers who need a quick clean-up tool as well as extra power for deep cleaning and sanitizing all hard floor surfaces.
The three distinct ways to clean include:
Steam-Only Mode – turn tap water into steam for a deep clean with no residue
Steam & Spray Mode – steam combines with the Shark Hard Floor Cleanser for a high level clean to remove stuck-on dirt, grease and stains
Spray-Only Mode – swap in the lightweight, battery-powered head for a quick clean-up
Shark® Steam & Spray Pro features include
: Swivel-steering for easy maneuverability
Removable power cord for speedy clean-up using the battery-powered spray mode
Upright feature on Steam & Spray head for easy storage
Powerful LED lights to improve visibility and target stains
Additional features include: Shark Hard Floor Cleanser Disposable SaniFiber pad
Washable microfiber pad
Four AA batteries
I have a small house 3 bedrooms, 1 bath a living room, kitchen and hallway.
60% of my house is hardwood floor. I love that it is easier to clean then carpet, but in the winter time with the pups dragging in snow, my hubby bringing in rock-salt and my kids.... well my kids bringing in just about everything else, I feel like my floors are always dirty and smudged.
The regular mop just can't handle it all and most of the time I feel as if I'm not getting that deep clean I want. And it really stinks around the holidays when I know family is coming over! I mean I have a nanny who can see a cobweb for 2 miles away (Okay she isn't that good, but she is close) the last thing I want to worry about is her inspecting my smudge up hardwood.
(Don't judge my nanny she grew up with nothing and as a result she appreciates everything and thinks everything should be treated like treasure. She is one of the best people I know. She is just a bit OCD about cleaning :)!)
Okay so lets talk about the basics:
1) Super easy to put together. I did it in a matter of minutes and everything easily snaps together. I love that the cleaning solution easily goes into place and easily comes back out.
2) Slim - As I said before I have a small house, space in limited. I love how slim the Shark Steam & Spray Pro is. I stick it between my bookshelf and wall. It is out of the way, but still easily accessed.
3) Money Saver - The reusable pads saves me so much money! I can just wash them after I use them
4) Cleaning Power - When it arrived I had just cleaned my house they day before. I kinda like my nanny have OCD and convinced myself the house had to be spotless for back to school. You know a book out of place would have caused total chaos! *Huge eye roll at myself, I know I'm crazy lol*
So when it arrived I thought, well lets see just how much cleaner I can get it..
Yeah ....after a half hour I was in shock how much "dirt" my mop missed! A little embarrassed too when I realized just how much dirt my normal routine was leaving behind.
It got stuff I didn't even know was there. And my floors have never been shiner.
5) Easy to use - I love how easily the mop heads swap out. I love that it is light weight and not heavy at all. I also love the fact the swivel head make it easy to get around furniture and hard to reach places.
My hubby once told me adding a little heat will help get things cleaner. The Steam & Spray Pro helped proved his point! My floors have never been cleaner.
To learn more please see my link below: