Disclaimer: I was given a review copy of the DVD mentioned in this post. I was not paid in anyway to write this review. All options are my own.
Gerard Butler.... Yes I am one of those people that see a movie coming out with my favorite actor and just have to see it! Sometimes the movie is a complete flop, but hey at least I got to see my favorite actor in action. Other times though the movie is a hit!! And not just a ehhh that was a good movie, more along the lines of telling everyone I know YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE IT IS SO FREAKING AWESOME AND YOU LIFE WONT BE COMPLETE UNTIL YOU DO!
Such was the case when Olympus Has Fallen first came out. I remember I watched it alone on a Friday night and by Sunday I already have 10 other people watching it. It was action packed, thrilling and had so many twists and plot turns that I never seen them coming. It was Butler at his best.
To me though that was it. I mean what could you do after that ending that would make the series better.
Oh how wrong I was because London Has Fallen is just as action packed, thrilling and post twisting as the first. And again Butler wows me with his amazing skills!
In London Has Fallen, the stellar cast of Gerard Butler (300), Aaron Eckhart (The Dark Knight), Angela Bassett (American Horror Story), Robert Forster (Jackie Brown), Melissa Leo (The Fighter), Radha Mitchell (Pitch Black), Sean O’Bryan (Vantage Point), and Morgan Freeman (Lucy) reprises their original roles from Olympus Has Fallen, joined by Alon Moni Aboutboul (The Dark Knight Rises), Jackie Earle Haley (Watchmen), Charlotte Riley (Edge of Tomorrow), and Waleed F. Zuaiter (Homeland). Babak Najafi directs London Has Fallen.
When the British Prime Minster dies unexpectedly, Secret Service Agent Mike Banning (Gerard Butler) knows it is his duty to prep with Secret Service Director Lynne Jacobs (Angela Bassett) for them to accompany U.S. President Benjamin Asher (Aaron Eckhart) to the state funeral at St Paul’s Cathedral in London. With every powerful world leader set to attend, the funeral should be the most protected event on Earth. Yet within moments of arriving, heads of government are assassinated and Londonlandmarks are attacked. Asher, Banning, and Jacobs are ambushed and retreat amidst a hail of gunfire and explosives. The devastated British capital goes into lockdown. Banning will stop at nothing to secure Asher’s safe return home. Back at the White House, Vice President Allan Trumbull (Morgan Freeman) races against time brainstorming with top advisors in the Situation Room to get those trapped in London a lifeline of support and a way out. Outnumbered and outgunned, Banning reaches out for help to an English MI6 agent (Charlotte Riley) who rightly trusts no one. Failure is not an option as they attempt to stop the criminals from carrying out the final phase of their revenge plan.
BLU-RAYTM AND DVD BONUS FEATURES:
- The Making of London Has Fallen – An inside look at the massive undertaking of shooting such a large-scale film inLondon. Featuring interviews with cast and crew, this piece shows the unique challenges encountered on-set, director Babak Najafi’s process, and the cast’s inspiration for their characterizations.
- Guns, Knives & Explosives – Delve deeper into Gerard Butler’s iconic character of Mike Banning, and the extensive training and preparation the actor needed to play a Secret Service agent.
The film will be available on Blu-ray™ with DIGITAL HD and UltraViolet™ and DVD.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet™ lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
To learn more please see my link below: