Disclaimer: I was given products in this post for the purpose of review. I was not paid to write this review. All opinions are my own.
My oldest son is smart, and yes I do mean he is good at school, but I would go a step further to say the kid is a boarder line genius! When I do homework with him, I am just mostly sitting there making sure he doesn't get distracted and start drawing or playing on his kindle. He stopped needing my help in preschool. Now Brandon may have a super easy time in school, but my Quinn isn't the same. Every day at school is a struggle for him, he has an at home tutor, he has Title 1 classes, a speech therapist and so many other specials set up to help him get through his day. Homework time is dreaded and what should take 10minutes takes us at least an hour. I do everything I can to help Quinn. And even though it seems like the tutor, the special classes and the speech therapist may seem like a lot it really is helping him. At the beginning of last year no one thought Quinn would pass. But he did! Not only did he pass, but he was actually one of the top kiddos in his class by the end of the year! He works hard and I don't want to brag, but some days I work just as hard as him! His education is one of the most important things I can help him with.
As a mom I have tried several things and I finally realized that making learning fun was my best approach! When Quinn and I read we make a blanket tent in my room. When we do math I set up a game outside with chalk. And now thanks to ABCmouse learning and fun now go hand in hand!
You start your child on whichever level you think is best for them if you find your child is ahead or behind that particular level that is okay because you can change it at anytime.
The lessons cover reading, math, science, art, colors and Music.
The lessons were short and always changing. One minute he was coloring, the next singing a song, doing a puzzle and so much more. It was always changing and keeping him engaged. He never had time to get bored.
Plus he is rewarded for learning, at the end lesson he gets to pick a prize.
With each activity he completes he earns tickets and points that he can spend at the pretend online store.
They love buying new pets with the points they earn during Quinn's lessons.
The leading and most comprehensive digital early learning resource for children ages 2–8
• More than 8,500 standards-based learning activities covering preschool – 2nd grade and 850 lessons
• ABCmouse offers an expert-designed curriculum for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade
• ABCmouse encompasses reading and language arts, math, science, health, social studies, art, and music
• Multi-award-winning curriculum, honored by parents and educators
• ABCmouse is regularly ranked as the leading children's learning iPad®, iPhone®, and Android™ app in both the Kids and Education categories
• Used by millions of children, embraced by parents, teachers, and librarians
• More than 1.6 million ABCmouse learning activities are completed each day, with over 2.5 billion completed to date.
• Efficacy validated by multiple independent studies• Large-scale research studies have concluded that ABCmouse accelerates learning and helps children make significant gains in early literacy and math skills.