Disclosure: Many thanks to Pure Flix for providing a sample of the product for this review. Opinions are 100% my own.
For those of you who don't know I am officially a PureFlix ambassador!! Meaning I get to brag about new fun shows to you guys several times a month. Never heard of PureFlix? They are a wonderful streaming Christian service that offers family friendly shows and movies. And I'm excited to tell you about an all-new sitcom Live + Local.
• New AFFIRM Originals sitcom “LIVE+LOCAL" is streaming exclusively on Pure Flix
• What do you think happens behind the scenes at an early morning radio show? Find out with the new sitcom “Live+Local.”
• Starring Dave Coulier from Full House and Fuller House!
• Start your free trial on Pure Flix and watch LIVE + LOCAL now!
• Synopsis: Starring executive producer Dave Coulier and Emily Pendergast, get an inside look at the Christian local radio station K-HUGG. The staff is experiencing some strange transitions and power shifts at work, but the way they handle it with grace and comedy will be sure to leave you laughing and inspired.
• With guest stars: Danny Ray, Leanne Morgan, John Cooper, Colton Dixon, Anna Lind Thomas, Anthem Lights, Whitney Miller, Dustin Nickerson, Jeff Allen, Dallas Jenkins, and more!
I personally was able to review episode 3. I do plan on going back to watch the first 2 episodes, but I can tell just for episode 3 I'm going to love it. The show is a bit slower paced which is perfect for me. I love the clean humor and the chemistry between the cast members.
What to expect from episode 3:
New slogan and image for KHUGG – “Totally Inoffensive,” “Uplifting Positivity.”
Ratings are down which means a decline in advertisers.
New sponsors with competing interests - two feuding brothers who own different car dealerships pit Tommy and Tina against each other because of sponsorships.
More commercials and less talk time.
Tommy is resistant to social media.
Jerry works to create a divide between Tommy and Tina.
Special Guest Christian singer Colton Dixon: https://www.coltondixon.com/
There are so very thought prompting themes in this episode:
Competition between friends and family
Division by outside forces
Dealing with conflict
Episode Bible Verses
Psalm 91 (NIV)
“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.” - Matthew 6:2-3 (NIV)
“A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” - Proverb 15:1 (NIV)
This show is just one of many offered by PureFlix! Join Pure Flix now and watch Live + Local and all their other great shows!
And one lucky Simply Me Reader is going to win a 3-month subscription to PureFlix! Open to USA residents only