Many thanks to Lifeway Christian Resources for providing a sample of the product for this review. Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
I know I'm not the only one guilt of this, but sometimes I read the Bible and forget to apply it to my life. I sometimes forget that the Bible is not just a collection of history, but also a handbook given to us by God to help us with the day-to-day stuff no matter how big or small. Whenever something bad happens in my life, my first action is to try and fix it myself. When in truth I need to turn to God and my Bible. With the Bible we can answer most of life's hard questions and the ones we can't answer, if we read the Bible, we know to trust God and believe he is working everything for our good. It hard though! We all had those days when we just wanted to toss in the towel and give up. We all been in situations that we just can't see a solution to. We have all made the same mistakes over and over again. And we have all turned to God last, when in truth we should have turned to him first. How do we stop this? Well, I'm not sure lol As I said I'm guilty of it myself. I do know though that days I read my Bible first thing in the morning I feel closer to God. My day doesn't feel as bad because I started it out in the word. I know that the more I read the Bible the more prepared I will be when certain situations come up. And I'm also aware that no matter how much I read my Bible I will still mess up and still face trials, but it is okay because I have a God that loves me and understands I am a work in progress.
So how can I dig deeper? How can I more efficiently apply the Bible to my life? How can I use it in my marriage, raising my kids, my job, when talking to friends and just for the day-to-day stuff? How can I stop looking at the Bible as "their story" and start seeing it as "my story"?
Well, I recently started reading the Life Counsel Bible and even though it doesn't cover everything I am so impressed with the things it does cover! It is filled with ways to apply Biblical truths to our lives, but also speaks Biblical truth to some of the tough issues our world is currently facing.
Whatever you’re facing, the Bible has something to say. The CSB Life Counsel Bible contains articles from leading biblical counselors that will give YOU the tools you need to take action and FIND HOPE through all of life’s storms.
Featuring over 150 articles on topics related to marriage, parenting, relationships, mental health, and so many more- this Bible is like having a complete biblical counseling toolkit in one resource!
Have you ever felt stressed, or been anxious, or experienced grief? Have you ever wanted to know how to help a loved one through addiction, or marital conflict, or parenting challenges? I'm really excited to share with you an amazing new biblical counseling resource created in partnership with Holman Bibles and New Growth Press. The Life Counsel Bible provides practical wisdom for all, equipping readers with biblical truth and counsel on a wide range of topics and tough life issues. With over 150+ articles this Bible is full of useful tools and resources for life application and discipleship. It’s great for couples, parents, ministry leaders, and anyone who has ever struggled with tough life issues (yep, that’s all of us!).
Check out www.lifecounselbible.com for a full list of topics and order yours today!
The CSB Life Counsel Bible features the highly readable, highly reliable text of the Christian Standard Bible. The CSB captures the Bible’s original meaning without sacrificing clarity, making it easier to engage with Scripture’s life-transforming message and to share it with others.
• LIFE COUNSEL BIBLE PRODUCT FEATURES:
• More than 150 full-length articles from respected Christian counselors and scholars on topics like anxiety, depression, abuse, sexuality, marriage and divorce, parenting struggles, finances (full list available at lifecounselbible.com)
• Callout quotes placed near each article provide truth, hope, and encouragement to apply to life
• Over 100-word studies focusing on key words applicable to personal healing, growth, and counsel
• Book introductions including “Circumstances of Writing,” “Structure,” “Contrbution to the Bible,” and a special “Truth for Healing” section with an overview of key truths related to healing from each book of the Bible
• Wide margins for notetaking and journaling
• Robust page-end cross-reference system with over 25,000 cross-references connecting Scripture from Genesis to Revelation
• Easy-to-read 9.5-point type size
• Presentation page for gift-giving (this makes a great wedding/parenting gift!)