I have been blogging for quite some time and this happens to be the first time ever I've been nominated for an award! I want to give a huge heartfelt thank you to Maegan at The Bee Hive Buzz blog. It means a lot to me that you have not only taking the time to read my blog, but have also let me know that you've enjoyed my posts!
For those of you wondering what the Liebster Award is I will explain.
The award is presented to bloggers with under 1000 followers as a way to welcome them into the blogging world. Now my blog has long ago passed those numbers, but I was honored to have been nominated and wanted to accept. Truth be told most days I still feel like a newbie trying to find my way around.
Here are the rules to accept this award:
1) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
2) write 11 random facts about yourself
3) Answer 11 question that the nominator posted for you and then write 11 of your own to ask your nominees.
4) Let the people you nominated know they've been nominated.
The Liebster Award is like a fun blogger chain letter award. Accepting is totally optional.
11 Random Fact:
1) I'm a prankster and like to pull pranks on my hubby all the time.
2) I wrote two books, that I have never tried to get published.
3) I like to randomly sing. To my hubby's great displeasure, I'm pretty bad at it :)!!
4) I have a strange sense of humor. My younger brother and sister have the same weird sense of humor and I'm told the 3 of us together is enough to drive someone insane. I'm kind of, sort of just a tad bit.... weird :3
5) I gave my sister boyfriend a Billbo Baggins action figure, since we are Lord of the Ring fans. He refuses to remove it from the box. So from time to time when he is at work I draw him pictures of random people (Golem, Stewie from family guy, Dobbie from Harry Potter, ect) and have a word bubble demanding he "Free Bilbo Baggins" and I hang them on my sister bedroom wall.... Did I mention I'm weird?
6) I'm not allowed to watch scary movies anymore, because they freak me out to much. Sadly for my hubby when it comes to flight or fight, I'm a fighter :)!!! How was I suppose to know he wasn't the evil witch from the conjuring, he shouldn't be wondering (Using the bathroom) around the house at 3am! I can't be held responsible for the pillow that flew at him
7) I currently have over 500 books in my personal library. I like to read :)
8) One of my biggest fears is that I'm not being a good mom. I lose sleep over this.
9) I'm part Irish and its my dream to one day go to Ireland and hopefully take my mom with me
10) I'm currently reading Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones is most likely my favorite show :). Anyone else think that Ned Starks sister was Jon snows mom?
11) I want to make a difference and try my hardest to be a good person.
Now onto Maegan's questions:
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
I couldn't pick a niche, I didn't want to limit myself to being a mommy blogger or a pet blogger or a foodie. I wanted to blog about everything I liked. So I choose myself as a niche and my blog is just Simply Me :)
2. Do you have any pets?
Yes, my fur babies! I have 3 pups Rufus, Emma and Lucy and a cat named Jekyll.
3. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
I'm not sure. Maybe I would have a bigger house. With 2 kiddos, 3 dogs, 1 cat my hubby and myself sometimes it feels like we could use more room.
4. What was your favorite cartoon as a child?
Tough choice between My Little Ponies and the Gummi Bears!
5. Coffee or tea?
Iced Tea, but only if it has a lemon taste.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Where ever my family is. I could live in a cave as long as I had them by my side.
7. What are your 3 favorite blogs that you follow?
There are so many of them! I really like Sweet Silly Sara, The Romance Dish and my new favorite The Bee Hive Buzz
8. What is one thing that you can't leave the house without doing?
There are 2 things I have to do every time I leave my house. Okay this may be TMI, but using the bathroom. And I'm always afraid my house will burn down with my pups inside so I check and make sure everything is unplugged and turned off.
9. What is your favorite topic to blog about??
I like writing reviews and I love telling stories about my kids :)
10. What is something you do in your house to be more ecofriendly?
Ecofriendly is a struggle in my home. I try to be as ecofriendly as possible. I recycle, conserve rainwater for my garden, use reusable containers as much as possible, only turn things on when I'm actually using them and so much more. The struggle comes from my hubby who doesn't see why we need to be more ecofriendly and he doesn't help much when I try to teach these things to our kids.
11. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you've written so far? Share the link!\
I was heartbroken after Sandy Hook. I remember thinking of those families and I couldn't stop looking at my little guys and crying. My oldest was in preschool and starting kindergarten that following year. As a mom I was shook up, sending my son to school suddenly became fearful.
As a parent I couldn't begin to imagine that pain. And I began to think of the things that make my kids so special to me, began to wonder what would happen if these amazing little people were ever taking from me. I made a promise to myself to never take them for granted and to cherish each moment with them.
After going through their photos I made the post The things that make you.... You :)
It is my favorite post not because its my best written post, but because I put a lot of heart and feeling into it. It is one of my posts that I go back to when I'm having a bad day and read it over and over. And after reading it I remember why I wrote it and I think to myself w/e was making me have a bad day it could always be much worse.
My 2nd favorite would have to be my post for Rocky. Again because a lot of love went into writing it. Rocky even after 2 1/2 years is still a huge hole in my heart. His post is enough to make me smile, laugh and cry.
Now I will nominate a few blogs for the Liebster Award. Some of these are brand new to me and I'm excited to have found them. Other are old favorites and I have been a fan of for a long time.
Misty from Mistys Book Bin and more
Alyssa From Life From my Laptop
Monic from EB Mommy
Shannon from Ramblings of a Tattooed Mom
Pj and Andrea from The Romance Dish
My questions for you:
1) When did you start blogging?
2) Do you have any goals for your blog?
3) What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
4) If you could have anything what would you ask for?
5) What was the last book you've read or are currently reading?
6) Favorite food?
7) Favorite TV show?
8) If you could trade places with anyone for one day who would it be and why?
9) Why did you start blogging?
10) Who inspires you?
11) I'm going to steal Maegan's last question and ask what is your favorite blog post you have ever written? Please share the link :)
If you choose to accept my nomination please comment with a link to your post or send them to my email so I can read your answers.
Thank you so much again Maegan for the nomination <3